Thursday, December 01, 2005

Family Dining

Our family eats dinner together every night at the dinner table, with the TV in the "off" position. We make efforts to actually talk to each other as we are stuffing our faces. And generally the topic is always to recap how our day has been. I rather like this arrangement. It works for us. Well most of us anyway.

There are some people in our family who are always grumpy at dinner time. This is because they are not allowed to eat whatever they want (I'm not a short order cook). They are made to sit down for a period of time without the television (which is seen as punishment of a horrible capacity). And worse, they are not the center of attention (though not without trying). Further, their efforts for being the center of attention usually ends them up to bed without dinner.

Family dining is important. But some people disagree. I'll not mention any names.



4 Comments:

At 10:06, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Hee, hee.

Hey, I have one those...

 
At 11:45, Blogger scott said...

It's you, isn't it.

Hello, Kassi.

 
At 13:11, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

becky: she's such a booger...but takes after her mamma.

scott: am i that transparent?

kelly: they better not embarrass their mother in front of some crazy ambassador.

 
At 18:24, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, I have the exact same rules. Truly. One thing we have to do, even if someone is really grumpy for not getting to have pop-tarts with their dinner, is say atleast three things that we're grateful for. I don't care what it is, even if it's "I'm grateful that I get to leave this table when I'm done eating, I'm grateful that I don't have to listen to so-and-so anymore"; But the grumpy ones are rare. They're usually quite lovely. And there have been those nights where someone has to gone to bed without dinner. Been there, done that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home