Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Lost in Narnia

I'm not sure what I have got going today. Yesterday proved that whatever one thinks one has in store for them, the exact opposite is likely to occur.

Although I did conquer a large portion of the photo album, and devised a plan to conquer my grandmother's [60 year collection] of loose photos.

But that is where it stops.

I didn't finish the laundry, didn't even attempt to fold the clothes as I had originally planned. I didn't vacuum. I didn't even make the bed.

However, I did receive a phone call informing me that my car needs more work than I had originally anticipated. I was thinking a new starter = $250. The mechanic is thinking a new timing chain and a new valve = $1650. Which is more than we can rightfully ask our church to help us with.

It is around this time that I picked up the Chronicles of Narnia and haven't put it down. I've decided that I'm having a rather large crush on C.S. Lewis. He is a lot more amusing than the mechanic.

1 Comments:

At 20:22, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I'm almost done with LWW. I will probably start reading it to my kids tomorrow night. Just in time to watch it on December 9. Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home