Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Day of Giving Thanks



I have a lot to be thankful for. More than I could ever list. The most obvious is my family. I've been blessed with really good kids. Even if the little one is a pill. My husband, bless his heart, is probably one of the most tolerant human beings (in regards to me) that I have ever met. I'm not easy to get along with. at.all. He is my best friend.

Which brings me to my friends. I am not sure how I ended up with such wonderful human beings as friends...but I do know that I had to wait a long time. Essentially, my friends amaze me every.day. Their capacity for love, kindness, compassion, and thoughtfulness is awesome. I'm glad that they are in my life and in my children's lives. I can only hope that I can show them my appreciation enough. I doubt I can.

I am also thankful for my pets. They are squishy and cute. They are sweet tempered, and forgiving. My dog is has the sweetest soulful brown eyes, and my cat tolerates my 3 year old...without scratching. Which says A LOT for a cat. She is my favorite present from Caleb. I could go on about both of their personalities...lets just say that they are super squishy.

I am also thankful for my church. I have just started to really realize how wonderful it is to be a part of a community of believers in Christ. Again, the kindness, compassion, and spirit of love that seems to eminate from the church that we attend is comforting, and exhilerating all at the same time.

I am thankful for my faith. It too has been a long time coming. I was not always able to say that I believe in God, that Christ is my salvation. I wasn't always able to accept the truths that the Bible teaches. Those were my lost years. My dark times. And I am thankful that I am not there anymore. I know that the trials are far from over, but knowing that I am not alone. That I am loved. That I have a God-given purpose. And that my life is not a random act brings me more comfort than I have ever known. Therefore I am thankful for the trials as well.

But more importantly, I am thankful for Christ. Knowing that He has died for my sins, allowing me, through faith and grace alone, to be close to God...there is nothing greater than this. Nothing.

Not even a squishy-cute cat.

Be safe in your travels. Remember that you are loved.

"In everything give thanks…." I Thessalonians 5:18

3 Comments:

At 05:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so inspiring. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 12:18, Blogger Bella said...

berry nice! Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Peace!

 
At 15:25, Blogger Brandon said...

i am thankful that i did not take your advice and show my lipstick at the thanksgiving day table. many, many people are thankful for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home