Saturday, November 19, 2005

Jammies


I remember wearing footed pajamas when I was a little girl. I remember wearing them until they were so tight that they rode up my behind, and the zipper pinched my skin no matter how much I sucked in my belly. I had to upgrade to night gowns because my mom didn't buy me new footed jammies. I had become "too big".

One of my favorite memories is waking up on Christmas morning, wearing my red footed jammies, running into the living room, and coming to a skidded halt just before hitting the pile of presents under the tree. Footed jammies were the best because my toes never got cold.

The other morning I came downstairs to help my daughter (whom I often refer to as my babydoll) get ready for school, and upon seeing me she started to giggle.

"Mom...you are wearing little kid pajamas...I used to have some of those."

"Yeah I know..." I responded groggily, wondering to myself whether or not she would like a pair as well and if so what color.

Mine are pink. Extra baggy.



8 Comments:

At 12:50, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Yes, that is me. I'm not sure the name of that type of doll, I was wondering when I saw the photo.

 
At 15:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kassi!
I found you through.... yikes! I can't remember who I found you through. LOL
But I found it yesturday and had to blogroll it.
:-)

Your entries are so wonderful to read.
You are so cute in that picture.
you know what? I remember having the same type of Jammies you are talking about.
They were my favorite too... make me feel so safe and warm. *hehe*

*sigh* Christmas.
Christmas were much more fun when I was a kid. Not that I'm a grown up, I hate it. Cause I have to worry about buying gifts. LOL

Look forward to reading you more often!
Take Care!

 
At 16:21, Blogger SlushTurtle said...

I had that same doll too! It is a beanie doll ( I think because it is filled with little bean- rock things). I still have mine, and I had to have it with me wherever I went.

I don't still take it with me though, of course... It's now stored safely in the attic...

 
At 17:15, Blogger Jill said...

Do they make 'big girl' footie pj's?! I want some!!!!!!!
I had some when I was little that had Winnie the Pooh on them and I'm pretty sure I wore them ever night for about 3 years. :)

 
At 17:30, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Oh yes they make them for big girls too :)

Very snuggly.

 
At 03:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!!! you are SO COOL!!!! I want footed pajamas too!!!!

 
At 07:23, Blogger fin said...

I alwyas hated footed pj's... because my feet always got WAY TOO HOT while I was sleeping. I'd love wearing them to play in, and on Saturday mornings to watch old Elvis movies before my parents woke and the house was still cool (cold). But - UGH! - waking up in the middle of the night with sweaty hot feet and no way to regulate my temperature was the worst.
What's worse? I'm still like that... can't possibly wear socks to bed.
Sigh...

 
At 08:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a pair of adult footed PJs a few years ago and they made me so happy. My feet are always cold.

I swore that was Kimi in the picture. She really is your daughter. The resemblence is amazing.

Erin M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home