Sunday, November 13, 2005

Circles

Our church is hosting a number of charitable events. One of them being gift bags for young mothers, and teenage girls who have been displaced (i.e. without homes for the holidays due to neglect and abuse).

I let the girls each pick a gift bag to fill for two teenage girls.

I chose a gift bag to fill for a young mother; 17 years old to be exact.

I personally couldn't imagine what it must be like to be a teenager and caring for a baby. It's hard enough at double that age. I have been trying to place myself in her shoes, to be honest it is really difficult. I know that I wouldn't know where to begin, and I am glad that there are places who are able to help young mothers get on their feet, and be healthy.

I guess I have spent so many years placing blame, and being angry that better choices weren't made on my behalf that it narrows my sight, and has kept me focused on my own hurts. Selfish really. But I am realizing my flawed perception.

The perception of a child of a 17 year old girl.

1 Comments:

At 17:24, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Thank you Kelly, I like you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home