Saturday, October 08, 2005

Happy First Anniversary


Quite honestly, when we first met I did not fall immediately in love with you. It was more like a very strong "like". It was a crazy audition for the crazy renaissance festival. And my cousin Chad, one of your best friends, introduced us.



I've always known Chad was a bit on the weird side. But I didn't realize how weird until we started hanging out more often. And that really made me happy because I'm not the most normal person in the world. (There are just far less photos to prove it; one of the advantages of being the one who holds the camera...)

Over the course of our dating, I learned a lot more about you than I had the 5 years previous that we had just been friends. One of the most interesting facts is that you are indeed Charlie Brown's twin.



Which is okay because I bear a striking resemblance to Lucy.


Our first year of marriage has not been all romance and flowers; I suppose this is appropriate, as we did fall in love at the top of a rollercoaster. However, our wedding day was very romantic (no matter how roller coaster-y the planning of it was), and one of the most wonderful days of my life, and I have you to thank for this.

Our relationship has been anything but boring; we have overcome a lot of obstacles that I am sure that most couples would not have been able to survive. Perhaps the three children have something to do with that. I think our secret is we still make each other laugh. You know that laugh I am talking about...the one that makes your sides ache until you feel you may throw up. That's good laughter.

So our first anniversary has come and gone...but again, the like the memory of our wedding day, it is ingrained in my heart.

I just want to thank you for the specialness of our first anniversary, and recognizing that it is important. I want to thank you for the laughter, and the fights-you ARE a good fighter. I want to thank you for being such a wonderful stepfather and papa to the kids. I want to thank you for making me laugh...but most of all I want to thank you for doing what may seem the impossible at times...loving me no matter what.

4 Comments:

At 03:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

 
At 12:08, Blogger Bella said...

sounds like a great anniversary - and a great outlook on your relationship. wishing you happiness.

 
At 12:11, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Thank you both!

 
At 22:19, Blogger Ellen said...

I LOVE that last picture. You should get it framed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home