Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Me vs. Trust

My inner skeptic has kicked in to full gear. My trust issues span beyond the far reaches of the universe. I am trust issues.

I just watched my car being towed away for the second time in 3 weeks; it will not start.

I called the mechanic. He informed me that it could be any number of things, and he'll have to make a diagnosis. That means I will have to entrust my car to his hands once again.

I hate not knowing. Moving blindly along. Nodding my head, but really meaning "no don't hurt me".

So, I called the Saturn dealership to get a quote on a refurbished engine. Something that I should have done before investing all that cash to an unknown mechanic in the first place. *kick* *kick* *kick*

So, once more I am trying to let go and trust.

He has it all worked out. He has it all worked out. He has it all worked out. Breathe in breathe out. Breathe in breathe out.

***
Update: The mechanic replaced my battery free of charge. Apparently my old battery was the original from 5 years ago. It was living on borrowed time.

10 Comments:

At 15:28, Blogger anne said...

Cars are the hardest things to trust on...I always feel that we get the short end of the stick when it comes to the car. I also remind myself (amidst the controlled breathing) that this is a mini event in my lifetime. As well as a mini event in God's Kingdom. Sometimes that puts it in perspective. Sometimes I just tell myself to shut up. :)

 
At 15:29, Blogger anne said...

Oh, and I'm also thankful that you decided to stick it out...;) I enjoy your thoughts.

 
At 15:42, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

mini-event. Very good choice in words. thank you!

 
At 15:43, Blogger anne said...

I didn't even realize I made a funny...HA!

 
At 16:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

 
At 16:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me. I hope everything is OK and that you don't get stuck with another bill.

Ginny

 
At 18:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, he has to have it all worked out!!!

 
At 22:30, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

hmm...3 years ago when I got the Saturn, I had very very little choice. So, I am happy with what I have.

It all worked out though...the mechanic replaced the battery for free.

 
At 00:13, Blogger Katrina said...

What a blessing! Thank you, Lord, for honest mechanics. I hope your car issues are over for a while!

Trust is hard for me, too--definitely a take to the Lord daily kind of thing...

 
At 08:29, Blogger scott said...

If you ever need your car worked on just give me a call. I know nothing about cars, but we could still chat about it.

By the way, I just got around to answering your meme tag. Sorry it took so long, I've been crazy busy.

Hello, Kassi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home