Thursday, December 15, 2005

Always a Bride, Never a Bridesmaid...until now.

I have been asked to marry 4 times.

Most people have a hard time getting asked once.

I don't think it is because there is anything spectacular about me, except that I know how to cook. Apparently this has been important to the men that I have found myself in company with over the course of my adult life.

Getting asked to marry has been easy. Getting asked to stand in someone else's wedding has eluded me until today.

I had destined myself to never be a bridesmaid. I have actually been envious of a friend who has appeared in over 10 weddings. How can that happen?

However, tonight the tables have turned. I have been asked! I've never stood in a wedding except for my own. I hope I don't screw it up by sneezing, or what if I have an itch? I guess I shouldn't think of those things right now or else I will make myself a nervous wreck...the wedding is still 8 months away.

I'm really happy about this. I'm honored that she asked me. I hope that I can be there for my friend during the most important experience of her life...(aside from passing the bar exam). I hope that when things get crazy (and they will) she knows that I will wear whatever she tells me to wear. It's her day.

6 Comments:

At 22:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am honored to have you in the wedding. I know that the next few months will be a mixture of excitement and strees and I am so happy that you will be there to share it with me.

Ginny

 
At 03:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ain't that great? being asked to be a bridesmaid? I've been asked for the first time a couple of months ago too. the wedding is in spring and I just can't wait.

 
At 08:41, Blogger fin said...

how HOW funny...
I've finally got to the point where I'm hoping my friends will NOT ask me to be a bridesmaid... unless their hearts are absolutely set on it, I'd rather spend the money on a sumptuous wedding gift and NOT have to show my fleshey self to the world in the dress that looks PERFECT on the supermodel they've been hiding in their family!

all that said, I LOVED standing up with you...

te he
x

 
At 10:13, Blogger Bella said...

the bridal party always has the best time at the wedding!
enjoy it! it'll be great.

 
At 15:05, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Fin: good thing, because ALL of my bridesmaids were beautiful.

 
At 16:44, Blogger Katrina said...

"I hope that when things get crazy (and they will) she knows that I will wear whatever she tells me to wear. It's her day."

Looks like you've already mastered the most important part of bridesmaidenhood...(is that a word?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home