Thursday, December 15, 2005

Light at the End

I've managed to squeeze all of my Christmas shopping into this past week, and I am happy to say that I am completely finished with Caleb and the kids. At this point, everything else can wait until next week. So maybe, just maybe I can actually relax this weekend for a little while.

Of course, I haven't sent my Christmas cards out yet. I'm holding out until tomorrow when there is a chance I will be picking up some photos to insert into the cards. I'm not holding my breath though. I have not managed a single year to put photos in the Christmas cards. But all 70 of them are addressed, and soon to be stamped.

The weather today has been beautiful. That is to say if you are sitting on the warm side of a large picture window overlooking rolling hills and trees. However if one is driving around, the snow and slush are not so great.

I'm glad to be in for the night though. Or at least until Abby's Christmas play and a possible trip to Starbucks for some stellar hot cocoa. But for now...these few moments. The light has arrived, and no one expects anything from me for at least 5 minutes.

4 Comments:

At 16:34, Blogger diggincookin said...

I ws out shopping today. Lo and behold, I found the perfect gift for you to give Caleb. A real Star Wars light saber. Comes in both the good side (blue) and the dark side (red) of the force. Very realistic sound issue forth. No converted flashlight this. I almost bought one for myself, and I've watched the movie less than 100 times.

 
At 17:40, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Yikes! It does sound cool. We did a Star Wars themed birthday for him this year, and he recieve a master replicas light saber. (luke's blue one). The girls are getting their own mini light saber and Zac is getting a light saber kit. We are Jedi. hoo rah.

 
At 09:23, Blogger diggincookin said...

Christmas Merry!

Are you gathering all the nearby Gilberts, or are you all just having your own? I assume that the seargent will not be involved.....Caleb can tell you if you don't know.

 
At 12:53, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

We are going to gather on Christmas Eve for a bit with the Gilberts, and then have Christmas day on our lonesome...:) But no, the sergeant won't be involved...I guessed correctly on who you were referring to :)...we are going to MD AFTER Christmas...staying w/ Uncle Matt. Will you be there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home