Thursday, November 03, 2005

Our Many Smells

My huband often asks me why I smell like a certain fruit, or dessert. I have yet to answer him truthfully...because I know that it is just the shampoo I use, not some magical scent that I produce from my orafices.

Last night:

Him: Why do you smell like strawberry shortcake?

Me: I don't know [lie]

Him: Really, you smell like Strawberry Shortcake. We'll have to dye your hair red and put a little bonnet on you.

Me: Weirdo.

So this morning I attempted to oblige him with the same compliment, though I am doubtful I got it right.

This morning:

Me: Why do you smell like cabbage and tomatoes?

Him: I don't smell like cabbage and tomatoes...

Me: Yes you do, you smell like cabbage with stewed tomatoes.

Him: No I don't.

Me: You smell like the type of food that old people eat to stay regular.

Him: That's awful. Why do I smell like that?

Me: I don't know...maybe you need to ask yourself that question...



Dedicated to The Dead Milkmen.

6 Comments:

At 10:53, Blogger 'Thought & Humor' said...

You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
Designer/Architect as well
as your revering audience.
As soon as we acknowledge
this Supreme Designer/Architect,
Who has erected the beauteous
fabric of the universe, our minds
must necessarily be ravished with
wonder at this infinite goodness,
wisdom and power.

Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.

Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
Dr. Howdy

'Thought & Humor'

 
At 11:54, Blogger bella said...

LOL - cabbage and tomatoes? Gross.

 
At 14:45, Blogger Kelly said...

I'm not making this up: "They" have done a study that shows that men think women who smell like grapefruit look five years younger than they really are.

Also, have you seen So I Married An Axe Murderer, where when Mike Myers' character was asked why he broke up with a woman, he said she smelled exactly like beef vegetable soup?

You might want to stick with the fruit, if possible.

 
At 14:49, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Reminds me of "Waking Ned Devine," what with all the "fruity soaps" (though she could still smell the pig on him).

MEAN GIRL - does he read your blog? 'Cause if he does, the jig is up!

Kelly, I'm off to find a grapefruit bath I can soak in daily - ooh, maybe I can find a grapefruit air-freshner that I can wear around my neck too - I'd like to be 30 again...

 
At 15:49, Blogger Kassi said...

I know I'm mean. He reads my blog every day, he laughed at this one.

As for the grapefruit theory, I have a whole bag of them in the fridge, I'll be saving the peels for my own blend of perfume...

 
At 02:55, Blogger desertUndine said...

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA! I laughed through that one. love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home