Thursday, November 03, 2005

Our Many Smells

My huband often asks me why I smell like a certain fruit, or dessert. I have yet to answer him truthfully...because I know that it is just the shampoo I use, not some magical scent that I produce from my orafices.

Last night:

Him: Why do you smell like strawberry shortcake?

Me: I don't know [lie]

Him: Really, you smell like Strawberry Shortcake. We'll have to dye your hair red and put a little bonnet on you.

Me: Weirdo.

So this morning I attempted to oblige him with the same compliment, though I am doubtful I got it right.

This morning:

Me: Why do you smell like cabbage and tomatoes?

Him: I don't smell like cabbage and tomatoes...

Me: Yes you do, you smell like cabbage with stewed tomatoes.

Him: No I don't.

Me: You smell like the type of food that old people eat to stay regular.

Him: That's awful. Why do I smell like that?

Me: I don't know...maybe you need to ask yourself that question...



Dedicated to The Dead Milkmen.

4 Comments:

At 11:54, Blogger Bella said...

LOL - cabbage and tomatoes? Gross.

 
At 14:49, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Reminds me of "Waking Ned Devine," what with all the "fruity soaps" (though she could still smell the pig on him).

MEAN GIRL - does he read your blog? 'Cause if he does, the jig is up!

Kelly, I'm off to find a grapefruit bath I can soak in daily - ooh, maybe I can find a grapefruit air-freshner that I can wear around my neck too - I'd like to be 30 again...

 
At 15:49, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I know I'm mean. He reads my blog every day, he laughed at this one.

As for the grapefruit theory, I have a whole bag of them in the fridge, I'll be saving the peels for my own blend of perfume...

 
At 02:55, Blogger m said...

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA! I laughed through that one. love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home