Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quite Full

I am so completely depleted of energy right now. This past weekend was a series of ups and downs, highs and lows. Emotional and physical.

One of my most poignant revelations is that I am not as good as a mother as I would like to believe. This is not for lack of trying, but more for lack of energy.

My second most notable revelation is that E makes a bitchin chili. Better than mine in fact, and I am not afraid to admit this. It doesn't help though whenever they come over for dinner, my recipes turn out all wrong. Perhaps I am trying too hard.

This past weekend was very food oriented.


Friday evening we attended a Harvest party in which we feasted on many Hobbit-like recipes. I left overstuffed and pleasantly satiated, even if I did pass on the mushroom pie. I don't do fungus.

Today after church we spent a nice afternoon at B & E's. Again, her chili rocks. So much so, that I could have fallen asleep on their couch had it not been for an overactive three year old.

I'm about to go change into something extremely comfortable and less binding, make some tea, and curl up with my book. There is so much to do tomorrow, thankfully it is a few dreams away between now and then.

I'll probably fall asleep before the steam curls disappear.


3 Comments:

At 10:01, Blogger scott said...

Hobbit food sounds good.

I've been meaning to talk to you about your mothering skills. I see you've arrived at this all alone, so I'll leave it at that.

Hello, kassi.

secret word: yjaishtd (uh... Hobbit food?)

 
At 10:14, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Curling in bed and reading a book that has not been assigned sounds like a heaven I can only dream about but can never enter. So thanks a lot for making me jealous - darn you and your whole, "done with school" bit.

Enjoy it (mutter,mutter).

 
At 00:36, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Scott: Thank you for keeping me on track...

Kelly: pajama pants rock. I have asked for more of these articles of clothing for Christmas.

AfricaB: You too will have the dilemma of being delightfully too tired to read a non school related book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home