Thursday, October 27, 2005

It was one of those moments where you think...who are you and what have you done with my daughter?

I am folding clothes in the living room, because the amount of clothes that have to be folded is more than what is actually residing in our clothes drawer as a family unit. It's a mountain. Trust me.

Kimi (my three-year-old daughter) is counting the towels. She counts up to thirteen.

Then she turns to me and says "Mommy say it in Spanish...uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cino, seis, siete, ocho...."

At this point in time my world spins off it's axis and I declare "International Pudding Day".

*significance: I didn't know she knew what Spanish is, let alone how to speak it.

5 Comments:

At 13:47, Blogger Lisa said...

I have the same problem with my laundry... :-S

It NEVER ends up folded and put away. I live out of laundry baskets and the dryer...

 
At 20:26, Blogger Brandon said...

well, there's no such thing as aliens, so your daughter is clearly a spy, kassi. i know, because both my children are spies as well. and the dogs, too. they think i don't know. /snickers

ooh! they're coming! shhhh!

 
At 20:32, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Brando: that's so cool...I'll have to keep a better watch on the little one.

 
At 08:27, Blogger Jill said...

Um, that's totally weird that you posted this because the little girl I keep and my daughter were in the kitchen a couple days ago and decided to line up all the soda bottles. Katie, 2, starts counting in Spanish as she's touching the tops of the bottles. My daughter went right along with her and was saying all the numbers with Katie. In my house, it's all thanks to Dora the Explorer.

 
At 09:02, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

No, my daughter doesn't watch sesame street. It is probably Dora. I just thought it was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home