Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Memorial Day Montage

Thursday evening Scott came in from Wisconsin, that night I made another batch of yaki soba, had dinner and then hung out.



Friday, after I came home from work it was such a beautiful day that I decided we should take Kimi to the park...Scott got the camera away from me...so yeah...I swear I'm not really a vampire.



Kimi on the other hand had a ton of fun. She did insist on bringing the bubbles...



Can you blame her?



Friday night we decided to stay in and try and catch up on the Star Wars movies...because I have not seen them all. Yeah..and? But to make up for my failing in the arena of Star Wars knowledge and fandom, I made chicken tacos...this is Caleb's overstuffed Mondo Taco.



It was huge.



But that didn't stop Caleb.

On Saturday we took Scott out to Ann Arbor so that he could experience some of our favorite places...these places of course all sold food. We have determined that good entertainment must involve food. Here he is at our Bubble Tea hang out.



We did manage to go to our favorite book store, only to find out that it is closing. But that means everything is on sale, and Scott was able to find some books he had been looking for.

Saturday night we went to see Episode III. No I wasn't altogether impressed, but I didn't expect to be. Chewbacca is my favorite charcter. The only thing that would have made it better was if Jar Jar had died [again] and the ewoks had a party at the Cantina.

After the movie we went to Claddaugh, an Irish Pub. It was good and I feasted on Brie and steamed mussels, and hard cider. mmm...hard cider.

Sunday morning we went to church, then out to lunch, and then to Stone Cold Creamery [see what I mean about food?]. Later that day we convened at a friends house to hang out [and eat more food]...play some cards. I finally learned how to play poker, too bad I stink. Here the guys are waiting to play...sizing each other up. You know..guy poker stuff. [?!?]




We left rather late...and I lost $1.



We decided to hang out with the same friends on Monday as well...and when we finally arrived [after 1. forgetting the directions, and 2. locking ourselves out of the house without car keys] we had a generally good time. The guys played volley ball...



But the girls had other plans...and attacked them with water balloons. Abi thought this was good fun...




However the little ones kept themselves busy by making path traps for unsuspecting bikers and pedestrians...hopefully no one was barefoot. Yes, those are rocks they are scattering. Hence the name 'path traps'.



I'm still amazed that they worked together so nicely on this...it's almost scary.



I'm still amazed by the perfect weather.




But I am not amazed that Chad and Caleb are weird. They are always weird.



Oh, Roxy came with us...she got groomed in the morning..she looks like a normal dog now. She is much softer, and well...Caleb has more reason to squish her now.

Eventually though, the day wound down...and a great truth came to light. We had to let Scott go back to Wisconsin. There were some very furry critters waiting for him there--we just couldn't keep him! Could we?



And that wraps up our Memorial Day weekend...





The End.

3 Comments:

At 20:05, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

What a fun weekend! Thanks for sharing...

 
At 07:14, Blogger fin said...

Not true... I know that somewhere under it all, you ARE a vampire.

 
At 13:05, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

...ok maybe a little :}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home