Sunday, May 22, 2005

Birthday Boy


Caleb, Dad, Grandma, Kimi

Today we spent the day with Caleb's grandma. We went to church with her, and afterwards we went to McDonalds.

When I told Caleb that we would be going to church and then the McDonalds afterwards with his grandma he immediately lit up. He told me that this is something that he would do every Sunday with his grandma and his cousin Jamie.

When he was 8 or 9 years old he would order cheeseburgers and an orange drink. Today he ordered two double cheeseburgers and an orange drink.

Afterwards we went to his grandma's house to have cake and ice cream. It was a very nice time, and it is always good to see his family, even for a short while.

I'm glad that we can spend this time with them, and I am glad that my children are now a part of this family. I hope that we will have family traditions, even small ones, that they can look back on in fond memory.

I of course was dead tired through most of this...the cake, I baked it at 2:30 AM, and stayed up until 4:30 AM doing homework. After having the cake and ice cream...I fell asleep on grandma's couch...which is going to be one of my fond memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home