Sunday, June 26, 2005

In Support of Becky

I have decided to support a blogger friend who is doing a 5 day detox. While I am not going to go as far as only eating fruits and vegetables...I WILL swear off my 3 biggest vices for 5 days.

Therefore, for the next 5 days I am going to try and not have coffee, Coke, or chocolate.

For some of you who know me well, you know this is equivalent to cutting off my right arm and scooping out my left eye. However, I think that I can hold out until Friday. I hope.

Why am I doing this? Because I admired the fact that she would go to such lengths in order to stop bad habits and start better ones. Sometimes it takes an extreme to get back to an even keel.

Reading her blog about her idea to detox gave me incentive to kick my habit. Go cold turkey on the things I do that I know are bad for me...that and I ate the last of the Cocoa Puffs this morning anyway.

Besides, ice cream comes in other flavors besides chocolate and coffee...

1 Comments:

At 08:41, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Kassi,
You are a brilliant,brilliant girl, and I appreciate the solidarity. I consumed a big ol' bag of M&M's the night before my grand detox - nothing like a major screw-up to motivate!

Onward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home