Thursday, June 23, 2005

Budding Debutante?




Abi strikes a pose of sheer unamusement at her Afternoon Tea and Make-Up Party.

We invited a few of her [very Tom Boy] friends over to enjoy a spot, but soon found out that these 9 year olds are just not ready for such culture...aside from the numerous belches here are some things that were said:

"This tea is disgusting" [good, then it is just right]

"I like big butts and I cannot lie..." [please don't sing that here...please]

"How do you put this stuff on?" [with the sponge...with the sponge]

"You look like a clown" [No she looks like a cotton candy machine exploded in her face]

"You look like an Indian" [Don't say that about Indians]

"Can I have more strawberries?" [Um..no, those should have been enough]

"Can I have more sugar" [Oh absolutely not]

"You are holding your tea cup like how my dad drinks his coffee" [snicker]

After about an hour I was ready for them to go home...so was Abi.

2 Comments:

At 08:47, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Wow, she looks like her mommy! Sorry the tea-party was a drag - maybe you could start cruising the country club set for some REFINED friends for her! :)

Or you guys could visit Oklahoma - my girl and I LOVE tea parties...

 
At 12:02, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I don't need to go that refined...but at least give me some actual girls, who know how to sit in dress...and not put their feet on my dining room table, or throw food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home