Sunday, June 26, 2005

Cedar Point 2005

Here are some things I learned from our Cedar Point trip last weekend...

1. 48 inches does not necessitate that the child will WANT to ride the roller coasters...but given enough time and patient coaching [not teasing]...they may come around.




This is Abi's first roller coaster ride. I tried to convince her that it wasn't that bad...and truly I didn't think it would be. The expression on her face after the ride was a lot different than what you see here...

2. Flashbacks of how I was goaded into riding the roller coasters at age 8 brings out a fiercely protective momma bear in me.

3. Cedar Point takes on an entirely different aspect when your kids are there with you. [Especially when the roller coast stops mid track...and you are dangling like a participle--courtesy of the Iron Dragon]

4. Food on a stick is just as important an experience as the rides. [Much laughter was had over the chocolate covered bananas--males should not eat these under any circumstances]




But Caleb forged on...what a trooper.




5. 30 second bumper cars should be outlawed...it isn't nearly enough time to ram into the ones you love.

6. You CAN have fun on the merry go round...








7. The Power Tower is just tall enough to make your apendages go numb from fear...




8. ...and is best shared with your 12 year old who will tell you it is going to be okay. [Especially since your husband is too chicken--balk balk]




9. The ecstatic laughing-scream of an 8 year old who has just been converted to the thrill seeker status is about the coolest sound in the world...

10. ...and just about as amazing as hearing her say that she wants to ride the Corkscrew...because Jr. Gemini is "lame" [her words not mine]




11. It is a proud moment knowing that the next generation is securely corrupted into the "Roller Coaster" gang.




12. Nothing, apart from God, is above having a blast with your kids...nothing. [Especially the part when they say "thank you" and "I love you"...several times in pure sincerity]

4 Comments:

At 09:47, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

What a fun trip! Congrats to Abbi for becoming a roller-coaster expert! I remember when I was five, my parents took me to Disneyland and my Mom and I stood in line for 45 mins. to ride "Space Mountain." As we got close, I looked up and saw the ride hurtling through space, and heard the screams, and said to my Mom, "I changed my mind." She looked at my pale-green face, and said, "Okay, sweetie."

I LOVE moms.

 
At 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!

Congrats to the gang on a good time and an extra high-five to danger seeker Abi!

 
At 11:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. Cedar Point is great! Abi was much more brave than I was my first time. I wouldn't even get on the Jr. Gemini.

Ginny

 
At 14:10, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Caleb and I will be doing our trip to Cedar Point in July...hopefully on a weekday. Then we will certainly have free reign of all Cedar Point! Mwah ah ah ahhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home