Thursday, April 28, 2005

Random Acts of Rotteness

Sometimes I am completely unenthralled with human beings. While many people are trying to make their lives better, there are those that are trying to drag those people down.

Tonight I felt some of my baser emotions towards humanity as I realized that my daughter's bike had been stolen.

Not only did they steal it while I was in my own dining room...with windows open and the sliding glass door open...but they stole it while my s.t.u.p.i.d. dog just sat and watched them do it.

That's right Roxy, you have severely failed in your doggie duties of letting us know when the baddies are stealing our stuff. I mean...crap dog...friggin bark...do s.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g. No, she just watches. Nice. I'll probably be murdered in my bed and she would just look at the offender and beg for a doggy snack. The 'cute' factor is not really cutting it right now. So much for feeling 'safer' because we have a dog.

I'm still a bit mad about the whole thing. Her bike wasn't cheap, and it was the only birthday present that she received from us this year. This sucks.

On the other hand it was just a bike, and I am sure that there are worse things that could happen. But it still sucks, because I am not going to be able to buy her a new bike...and I was so happy to have bought it for her in the first place...especially since money is so tight.

There goes my hope of going bike riding with my kids on the trails this summer, this alone burns me to no end...because it isn't just a bike it was a symbol of my intent to spend time doing fun things with the kids this summer before they left for New Jersey.

...yes...there is always someone out there ready to bring us down...and make things difficult, unpleasant or just plain horrible for another human being.

Seriously, what did we ever do to them? N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

And then I go around and think of the area that we are living in...but nevermind about that.

Sometimes it seems that for every random act of kindness, there are 10 random acts of rotteness being distributed...how can a person keep up with those odds?

A LOT of prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home