Monday, March 07, 2005

Things I didn't know about myself

As many thousands of people realize…marriage often brings to light many things that ,as a single person, one did not know about oneself. I am no different and have become enlightened over the past few months regarding some things that I did not realize.

For instance…I freak out when there is no money to pay the rent. And because there is no money to pay the rent…and I am freaking out about it…and I am concerned about such things…all I think about is money.

Secondly, I have learned that I freak out when I don’t get to travel or go anywhere. I recently gave up an overseas trip in order to pay for my wedding, yet weeks later it was posed (hypothetically) would I get upset if someone (we won’t mention any names) took a trip to Scotland with his buddies (AGAIN) should he be invited? And because I freaked out about the possibility of this scenario...all I think about is the fact that I never get to go anywhere but (someone else) does.

The next interesting thing that I have learned about myself….and this is rather personal so you may want to shut your eyes while you read…is that because I want a healthy [and active] sexual relationship with my husband, and I freak out about it when we aren’t being affectionate (enough)…all I ever think about is sex.

I have also learned that because I get upset about no one offering to help around the house and I tell people what to clean or what not to clean, and I freak out when no one helps me out and in fact thwarts my efforts by putting dirty clothes into the clean clothes…all I think about is my obsessive compulsive need for cleanliness.

These are personality traits I did not know existed in me. Maybe this is why I have not been able to find gainful or fulfilling employment. I apparently have been focusing on the wrong skill set.

I wonder if the pay is good for cleaning professionals in France.

3 Comments:

At 12:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...because I want a healthy [and active] sexual relationship with my husband, and I freak out about it when we aren’t being affectionate (enough)…all I ever think about is sex."

Poor, poor Caleb. He is to be pitied. Life is rough. :P

 
At 15:20, Blogger fin said...

Don't you mean
"I wonder if the pay is good for oversexed cleaning professionals in France." ??

 
At 18:24, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I was going for the French Maid angle...so that will work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home