Friday, December 09, 2005

Snoog-day Party

We decided yesterday that we wanted to celebrate the good news of Snoog's adoption. She doesn't really know what is going on, since Caleb is the only papa that she has ever known. However, for us, her adoption symbolizes the wholeness of our family, and for me, the ending of a very difficult chapter in my life. New beginnings.

I just came home from Kroger, picking up the chicken wings, BBQ sauce, honey, cake ingredients and soda pop. We'll have pizza, monkey-cake, and chicken wings tonight with a few close friends. I also bought some balloons. I came through the doors with these balloons, and Snoog's immediate response "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!" [which is actually pronounced "ber-day"]
Apparently she has been looking forward to her birthday for a while now.

I'm not going to correct her. Since in a way, she is absolutely right.

1 Comments:

At 12:03, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

no monkeys will be harmed in the making of monkey-cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home