Sunday, December 18, 2005

Santa's Workshop


This is the week that I start doing my craft projects for Christmas, if I am going to do them at all. The kids and I stocked up on paint, wooden ornaments, and etc. today, laid everything out, and started to get to work.

The four of us actually had a moment of peace, and relative good spirits as we painted together. It was nice.

Then reality hit, and I realized how late it had become...and we still without dinner, would soon be grumpy. The dinner I had planned was going to take too long, and I didn't realize this until it was far past my temper tantrum. I relinquished my resolve to not order out, and ordered pizza anyway.

I'll make the big dinner tomorrow.

At least my kitchen will remain clean, and we can get back to our painting. That was the point of today anyway. I may as well go with it.

I wonder, during the busy season...does Santa order a lot of pizza? I wouldn't doubt it. THIS Mrs. Claus is too tired to cook.

7 Comments:

At 21:08, Blogger Chris said...

You get time with the family, you accomplished alot, it all went well and your kitchen is still clean? By all means. Order that pizza!

 
At 07:32, Blogger fin said...

I'm sure if Mrs Claus is busy helping out in the toyshop - even if it's just because she WANTS to - then, yeah, Santa, Mrs. C and all the elves have a GREAT time sampling all the pizzas that are deliverable to the N.P. (I wonder if Domino's "hot" guarantee is still in effect up there...)

Best wishes in completing all your lovely hand-work!

 
At 11:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at a pizza joint in high school and Christmas Eve was the busiest day of the year. Good luck.

Ginny

 
At 11:15, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Thankfully, I was able to get most of my painting done last night. I am just doing touch ups today. And then on to sewing...leaving the baking until the last minute for obvious reasons. I'm just so happy to be done with my shopping.

 
At 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the picture. and yes, order that pizza!!!!!

 
At 16:06, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I kind of want to frame that photo. It makes me happy.

 
At 16:28, Blogger Katrina said...

Wow--you're one of those closeted Martha Stewart types, aren't you? Hehe...I love the ornament idea; what a great bonding time!

We order lots of December pizza. But we use coupons, so I don't feel totally guilty.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home