Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Neverending Story

"And as he spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion: but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All thier life in this world and all thier adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which ever chaper is better than the one before".
-C.S. Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia: Loved it.

3 Comments:

At 18:49, Blogger Katrina said...

I love, love, love that quote! I can never get through The Last Battle without tears of joy blurring my vision through the last few pages!

Narnia is top on my list of movies to see over Christmas vacation (when Grandpa and Grandmas will be only too happy to have some uninterrupted spoiling time with my kiddos!)

 
At 20:06, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I seriously cried for happiness and longing as I turned the last few pages of The Last Battle.

 
At 04:09, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Did you get the shivers in the movie when Aslan has just killed the White Witch and turns to Peter and says, "It is finished?"

I am STILL recovering from joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home