Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Fat Sandwich

It would figure that during the time that I am genuinely trying to slim down a bit and exercise more, that I would be having cravings for the worst types of food.

I have actually "chocolated" myself out. The motherload that Brian bestowed upon us has done me in. We still have more chocolate than should be allowed a person in their lifetime.

No, not chocolate...but bologna, potato chips, pickles [though pickles aren't really bad], hot dogs, and of course coca cola.

Last night while reading my book Memoirs of a Geisha [of which in a few days I'll provide a glowing review], I had the most terrible case of stomach growling. And to make it worse, I had the image of a bologna sandwich in my head, with a side of potato chips. Well, it was 1:30 AM. I can't eat that late at night, but my stomach wouldn't let up.

So instead of drinking a glass of water and going to bed [like I should have], I made myself a bologna and mustard sandwich. And standing there looking at it, I knew something was missing--so I put the potato chips right on the sandwich. Even as I was making it I named it "Fat Sandwich"...but it didn't stop me from devouring and totally enjoying it.

I swear I am not pregnant.

2 Comments:

At 22:17, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

That is SO FUNNY - when I was a kid, my sister and I were hungry and there was no lunch meat in the house. I slapped mayo and chips on some bread and voila! the potato-chip sandwich was born. Now neither me nor my sister can eat any sort of cold sandwich (hamburgers don't count!) without chips on top.

 
At 22:28, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I had another one today, they are marvelous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home