Friday, July 22, 2005

Harry Potter Spoiler and Update

Please do not read this post if you do not want to know information about the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

There I warned you...

So here's the scoop:

1. It took me 9 hours to read this book. That is approximately 1.25 pages per minute.

2. J.K. Rowling needs to use the thesaurus a little more. Especially when describing stealth, or sneakiness. She used the word surreptitious at least 3 times.

3. The end was not too disappointing except that I find [the character] H.P. terribly cliche.

This post proves the point that I only write what I want to share, but if it is any indication...I spent 9 hours reading a book and avoiding everything else. Now, without my distraction I am left facing some of the hardest memories I have ever had. I realized this morning after re reading last night's post that I have indeed not emotionally dealt with events from the past [as I had led myself to believe]. I suppose I have been too busy. And quite honestly, I had detached myself from those events...as though they happened to someone else. But reading it brought it home. So, I was a real joy at work today.

Anyway, enjoy the fluff of H.P. it is a decent 9 hour distraction...or however fast or slow you read.

Ciao

2 Comments:

At 23:57, Blogger m said...

I read it too. I like the Harry Potter books usually - they are a nice easy read - but I think this book could have had more done with it. Oh well. I just want to read the last one to find out how it ends. One thing though - I feel bad for the author because it must be a whole lot of pressure for her to come up with something spectacular. That would be tuff!

 
At 09:20, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I really felt that she was trying to tie up a lot of "loose ends" in this book. I made the same comment to my husband regarding the pressure, but he informed me that she apparently has the whole series mapped out. I'll read the last one as well, to find out how she ends it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home