Monday, June 06, 2005

Driven to Distraction

I have been told that everyone has a limit. A point that they can go no further without there being some kind of change. No way of moving forward, and if you try you may just fall back (or on your face).

I reached that point, (I think).

My classes are falling behind, to which I have expressed my concerns with my instructors. And to be honest it isn't that my classes are too terribly difficult...at least one of them isn't. It is just because I have been procrastinating beyond my safety net. Pushing the limit of how much I can do in as little of time as possible in order to enjoy the moment now.

It is really only a matter of time before that plan fails.

So, I have decided to take a break from the (numerous) extras. My course work has to come first...and after the coursework, and after spending time with my husband and children...if I have time for my own peace...then I will take it.

Right now though I have been fringing on the reality of a possible failure. If not in my grades, at least in my eyes--my grades are average right now.

Perhaps the lure of summer is just too great. I am highly influenced by the weather. I swear that the leaves in the trees are taunting me, charming me--even right now.But I have to remain focused...and I have to write two papers and study for my mid-term.

Thankfully, right now I can grab another hour of reading, as Kimi is taking an uncharacteristic nap.

If only the wind would be quiet.

2 Comments:

At 17:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any possibility of compromise like taking Kimi to the park and reading a textbook in the sun there? That kind of thing?

 
At 09:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Kassi! I feel you pain, I am in the same boat right now. I hope that you are able to get everything done and also find some time to enjoy the summer.

Ginny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home