Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Recreating the Magic

The real test of a good hair style is whether or not you can create the same look at home. And sadly, my first attempt at my pixie locks did not turn out well.

In fact, my hair looked much like I had dunked my head in wet cement and then tried to brush it out...but I was not discouraged...[okay I was a little discouraged, but no tears]

This is because I bought 'product' at the salon...and this means [ladies listen up] that I can take-it-back if it doesn't do exactly what the stylist says it will do. HA HAAA! LOOPHOLE. Okay, not a loophole, they actually tell you this.

So that means, with all of my futile attempts at recreating the look, if I don't get it right and the product isn't working out, I get my money back. I love money back guarantees...this is why I buy salon products at the salon.

You can't do this with Target or Wal Mart...if you buy the cheap product at one of those stores, you are stuck with it...and if it doesn't work, you have to search for another "cheap" product...soon enough it isn't ending up so cheap. So you may as well buy the expensive guaranteed stuff.

So...I took my concrete textured hair to the salon and bought something different...and took back the stuff that achieved the concrete textured hair look. Booyah! I can test these products all I want, and return what doesn't work...

I came home...washed my hair again...and tried the new stuff. And much to my delight, the pixie locks were back. I AM TEACHABLE...I CAN make my hair look like it did at the salon...and it only cost me an arm...not a leg.

I knew that it would be an effort to get everything right...and quite honestly I feel like a scientist working out different formulas for the perfect concoction...but it is kind of fun.

Oh, and while I was at the salon, I applied for a job as a receptionist. I spent 3 hours there yesterday...they may as well be paying ME.

So you must be thinking I'm nutty. Yeah...well, having a new look is a special event...I mean...doesn't everyone get a new hair cut and promptly return home to do a self photo shoot while listening to Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" ?

Okay, I lied about the "You're So Vain" part, but THAT would have been cool.

1 Comments:

At 08:21, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

I didn't know you can take products back - epiphany!
Congrats on the cute new 'do (you look great!) AND kudos on being able to do the 'do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home