Saturday, April 30, 2005

Girly Girl Lash Curl

Okay, I admit that I like the color pink, and that I enjoy buying make-up for the mere fact that it makes me 'feel' pretty. And yes I AM willing to spend a few extra dollars on a good skin care product for my face...because well...I don't want to look 80 when I am 50.

Today I sat for 8 hours at a Mary Kay seminar, in which make-up artist Robert Jones imparted knowledge and wisdom on application techniques, new colors and all sorts of other information about Mary Kay cosmetics.

It was very interesting, save for the fact that I was VERY tired. Getting up at 5:30 in the morning is hard. Especially since I am out of practice on the whole 'getting up early' days.

I am having mixed feelings about starting a Mary Kay business. I know that it has great potential to be very lucrative...but right now I am not feeling very motivated by making money. In fact...I am feeling the least materialistic than I have ever felt in my life.

I'm glad that I was able to go for free...I am sure that I will be able to use the information that he gave. And certainly, if I do start selling Mary Kay it is beneficial information.

So, today I listened and took notes, learning some really cool tips on about cosmetics. But I wasn't inclined to 'buy the book'...yet... though, I will admit there are A LOT of good make up tips in the book, things women SHOULD know.

However, I WAS enchanted by the heated eyelash curler that the speaker was selling...yes I bought one.

It's a HEATED eyelash curler. How neat is that?

So what? I am a girl...I like curly eyelashes. Sue me.

6 Comments:

At 11:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh I think I need a heated eyelash curler. That is so cool.

Ginny

 
At 15:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reason #596 I'm glad I'm a man: No one expects you to have curled eyelashes...

And the list goes on.

 
At 15:50, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I know men who curl their eyelashes...they have the most beautiful dreamy eyes...

 
At 15:54, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Secret #596 things girls like about their men...dreamy eyes.

 
At 09:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you... :P

 
At 13:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily I have naturally dreamy eyes.

Caleb told me so! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home