Thursday, February 17, 2005

Thankful for Friends

As some of you probably know...[because I don't think that anyone who doesn't know me is reading this blog]...Caleb and I have been going through some seriously hard financial times. Both of us became unemployed right at the time of our wedding...just over 4 months ago.

You can imagine just after spending an amount of money that you have never had before in your life, and then losing the income to support a family right afterwards was not so easy. At any rate, that isn't the reason for this post.

The reason for this post is to inform THE WORLD...or at least those that read this blog, that our friends rock.

If it had not been for our friends, we would not have had enough food for our kids, so that we could pay rent. We would not have had fun times to ease the stress. And surely we would have gone more insane than we were to begin with.

Caleb and I are by no means out of the rough. He hasn't started his new job yet. But him having it is definitely a first step. I know that there are some decisions I need to make about my own employment situation.

...but Caleb and I talked late into the night last night, and we both are in wonderment over the amount of support and love that our friends continue to show us on a daily basis.

Believe me, we aren't that easy to love.

The wedding almost drove us crazy, so this financial mess pretty much pushed us over the edge. Yet, our friends tolerated all of this, and in fact opened their arms, their hearts, and even their refridgerators to ensure that we were taken care of.

Not too long ago we oathed a lifetime together...we celebrated and then the guests went home and we did too. Soon after we were hit by hard times, and though the wedding celebration is over, these friendships remain a constant source of support and love.

I sincerely believe that these friendships are Gods gift to us, to see us through, and Caleb and I are both very thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home