Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Jeep Jeep

Having an Apple is like owning a Jeep. People in the stores may not have secret hand signals as they pass each other,(yet), but they do have that same nirvana-like look of ascension in their eyes as they peruse the antiseptic white counters laden with high-tech gadgetry that is obviously over-priced, but oh so delectible to the techno-geek touch.

Apple users are a different breed. Just like Jeep drivers. A different sort of visionary.

I feel like I am standing at the door; just about to tap into my latent Gen X rebel. Next week I intend to get the full initiation. Until then, I don't feel worthy to put the little Apple decal on the mini-van denoting my membership.

4 Comments:

At 21:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No question that Mac users are a different breed. I say this as someone that converted to a Mac several years ago and I never looked back.

While you may have a bit of a learning curve, once you get past it, I honestly feel that you'll be *much* more happy in the long run that you went with the Mac instead of a Dell. :)

Phildo
phildo.org

 
At 02:51, Blogger m said...

I have a Dell, my best friend (DesertJade) owns a Mac. I like both computers - but I agree with you, owning a Mac is a different thing entirely! You'll love it - I don't know a person who doesn't.

 
At 11:35, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

It really is VERY different. But I am getting my bearings...just a different approach to PC entirely. I finally got a connection...having fun downloading music. :)

 
At 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, makes me want to own a Mac too... it sure does make you feel different, doesn't it?

Happy New Year Kassi!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home