Friday, November 11, 2005

Photos

I've never been good at keeping my photos in order, or putting them into photo books...which is funny because I have volunteered myself as the family archivist, and have in my possession the bulk of my grandmother's photo collection.

For example; I've been married over a year and it was just yesterday that I put my wedding pictures into frames, and today that I finally finished the wedding album.

I've got a lot of photos to sift through...and I have endeavored this a few times before, so I have quite a few less than I use to.

Unfortunately today I learned that I am missing some of Zac and Abby's school photos. I think that they were ruined in the flood. The photographer doesn't have them in their archives any longer...I called several times to make sure.

I've decided that I need to take better care of these photos. And definitely start framing the ones that I have. This weekend I'll be heading off to Michaels to pick up some photo frames and albums. My goal is to complete my photo albums before Thanksgiving.

The down side is that all of my recent photos are digital...and are stuck on my computer. It will be an expensive project to get them printed. But something that I really need to do.

4 Comments:

At 14:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be really good about putting photos in scrapbooks with comments and dates and recently I have been really slacking off. I have been trying to at least put all new photos in a regular photo album.

Erin M.

 
At 14:53, Blogger fin said...

most of my photos are in shoe boxes and other non-album containers. I think the only reasons the wedding photos are actually in an album is because the photographer did it for us. I have SUCH bad photo management skills it's just not at all funny.

I keep reminding myself that I MUST get a waterproof container (and about a gazillion of those little silica packets) to put them in just in case...

What's worse for me though, is that I'm just about as bad at taking them as I am at sorting them out...

 
At 15:48, Blogger ~cjoy said...

I've been married EIGHT years and my wedding album is empty. I have piles of pictures, some framed, but most in a TV stand or other pile...very sad. You inspire me.

 
At 15:50, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I've just spent the last hour uploading all my digital photos from 2005 onto the Walgreens photo site. I've ordered two of them, picking them up tonight. I hope that they look nice. We'll see. I'm going to test them out before uploading 2002-2004.

As for my photos in boxes...the kids don't know that they will be helping me to sort them this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home