Friday, October 14, 2005

Brain Food Needed

If I go to bed now I won't get up early enough to work on my paper in the morning. So, I had better stay up as late as possible.

Thank goodness I have Propel and Coke at my disposal.

I only wish I hadn't ate all the cookies earlier today. Cookies would be nice right about now, as I burn the midnight oil into the wee hours of the morning.

They were peanut butter chocolate chip.

I guess I'll have to settle for a PB & J.

(side note, the purple jelly looked like "The Blob" and smelled slightly fermented. So I opted for strawberry)

Did I mention that I hate being the one who edits the 29 page paper? This is my second group project report that I have had to edit...and it never ceases to amaze me that people with college educations cannot form a proper paragraph and are still confused by homophones.

2nd grade people. 2nd grade.

And to elucidate my meaning...a poem:

An Ode to the Spelling Chequer

Prays the Lord for the spelling chequer
That came with our pea sea!
Mecca mistake and it puts you rite
Its so easy to ewes, you sea.
I never used to no, was it e before eye?
(Four sometimes its eye before e.)
But now I've discovered the quay to success
It's as simple as won, too, free!
Sew watt if you lose a letter or two,
The whirled won't come two an end!
Can't you sea? It's as plane as the knows on yore faceS.
Chequer's my very best friend
I've always had trubble with letters that double
"Is it one or to S's?" I'd wine
But now, as I've tolled you this chequer is grate
And its hi thyme you got won, like mine.

—Janet E. Byford

2 Comments:

At 07:48, Blogger scott said...

I hate homophones. I really do. I mean, there's no reason to fear gay people. Gay people are just people, you know.

Get over it, stupi homophones.

Hello, Kassi.

secret word: eremgsdr (a word for which there is no homophobe)

 
At 10:21, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

That's very clever. I was all set to tell you that "gay" is actually a homonym and then I realized you were doing a play on words... [Homophone/Homophobe]
See what I mean about straight man? This is about quick as I get after an all nighter with a strategic management paper. Business is so literal.

Thank you for being witty, and thank you for being patient while I figure it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home