Thursday, October 13, 2005

Picky Eater

"What are you doing?"

"I'm throwing it away and starting over again."

"Why?!"

"I hate it when I break the yolk. I can't eat it."

****************

"I'm not hungry"

"Yes you are"

"No...I'm not."

"You don't like what I've made."

"It's not that..."

"Then what is it?"

"Well....who in the world makes corn and hot dogs?"

"What?"

"Corn goes with chicken, not hot dogs. Peas go with hot dogs."

******************

"I've ordered you tea."

"Oh....um...thank you."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I like tea, you know I like tea."

"I know you like tea...so what's wrong?"

"I just won't be able to order what I wanted to order now."

"Why not?"

"Because you can't drink hot tea and eat a hamburger...they just don't go together. So I'll have to get something else..."

*********************

My agitation grows as I watch my youngest daughter pick the chicken and broccoli out of the rice stir fry I have prepared. I always worry she doesn't eat enough, and now she is picking up each individual rice and inspecting them before putting it in her mouth.

"Just eat it like it is...quit being such a picky eater!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home