Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Cat's Pajamas

I've decided that my new hobby is to craft clothes for my cat. Her first outfit is going to be a green felt jacket, perhaps accompanied by a black fez.

I've also decided to make her a cape. You know, for that time of night when she is zooming around the house like a cat on crack. I want to see the cape flying out behind her when she leaps into the air. I've even figured out a way to make it stay on without turning around on her body.

My husband thinks I'm nuts. And before this evening I really wondered why people were compelled to dress thier pets. But then I just got to thinking that Tangerine would look awful cute in a green jacket.

Funny how things happen that way.

Of course,I am suppose to be writing my final paper for Strategic Management (29 pages total). Instead I am envisioning cat fashions. You do the math.

At any rate, it gave me a good laugh to see the look on my husbands face as I described my intentions. And at this point (any) laughter is a much needed break.

5 Comments:

At 23:35, Blogger SlushTurtle said...

I was always at my most creative, if non- relevant, during crunch time at school. =)

I think the cape would be jaunty!

 
At 01:21, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I love the word "jaunty".

 
At 10:20, Blogger fin said...

You should consider a ruff for her... though I think white would not stand out enough... ghengis always looked smashing (v. debonaire) in his white lace ruff...

 
At 11:57, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

A smoking jacket...that rocks.

 
At 12:14, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I think Tangerine would look good in a cobalt lace ruff actually...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home