Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Cat's Pajamas

I've decided that my new hobby is to craft clothes for my cat. Her first outfit is going to be a green felt jacket, perhaps accompanied by a black fez.

I've also decided to make her a cape. You know, for that time of night when she is zooming around the house like a cat on crack. I want to see the cape flying out behind her when she leaps into the air. I've even figured out a way to make it stay on without turning around on her body.

My husband thinks I'm nuts. And before this evening I really wondered why people were compelled to dress thier pets. But then I just got to thinking that Tangerine would look awful cute in a green jacket.

Funny how things happen that way.

Of course,I am suppose to be writing my final paper for Strategic Management (29 pages total). Instead I am envisioning cat fashions. You do the math.

At any rate, it gave me a good laugh to see the look on my husbands face as I described my intentions. And at this point (any) laughter is a much needed break.

6 Comments:

At 23:35, Blogger SlushTurtle said...

I was always at my most creative, if non- relevant, during crunch time at school. =)

I think the cape would be jaunty!

 
At 01:21, Blogger Kassi said...

I love the word "jaunty".

 
At 10:20, Blogger Fin said...

You should consider a ruff for her... though I think white would not stand out enough... ghengis always looked smashing (v. debonaire) in his white lace ruff...

 
At 10:26, Blogger Turtlellini said...

Hey. If your husband thinks YOU'RE wierd, tell him that the idea of dressing up BANANAS in pajamas actually passed the review board and made it out into the public.

http://www.abc.net.au/children/bananas/default.htm

Ps. I think if you do start a clothing line for cats, I will order a smoking jacket for my cat Juan. He lost his old one somewhere in the neighborhood.

 
At 11:57, Blogger Kassi said...

A smoking jacket...that rocks.

 
At 12:14, Blogger Kassi said...

I think Tangerine would look good in a cobalt lace ruff actually...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home