Wednesday, August 24, 2005

13 Days

It just hit me that in 13 days I shall no longer be a stay at home mom.

I'll be let loose upon the workforce once more.

I'm facing that prospect with a little fear, anticipation, and remorse. Sprinkled with a good helping of guilt.

I will skip over the guilt because I have guilt no matter what setting I am in. Staying at home introduced me to a new kind of guilt. The kind that says over and over that a 28 year old man should not be expected to support his wife and her children while she sits at home and plays "bloggy", reads a book, pursues her degree and takes outings to the park. Additionally, the type of guilt that screams "you are home, so why aren't you spending more time with the kids you claimed to miss while you were working". Or better yet...you are an able-bodied adult...no one should be expected to pay for your food. Loser.

I'm horrible.

So, now I will go back to the familiar guilt that screams: you work out of the home when you should be home with your children, taking care of the house, and making dinner for your husband. Loser.

There really is no winning.

One way or another, I'm going to lynch myself. thankyouverymuch.

I guess on the brighter side, I will be contributing to the financial health of the household. Kimi will be able to play with other children. And maybe, just maybe I'll have something more interesting to write about than whether or not Kimi had a successful potty training day.

coffee makers, paperclips, computer crashes, intranet, Outlook scheduling, V.P. luncheons, filing, typing, blah blah blah.

Somehow I doubt it.

5 Comments:

At 15:07, Blogger scott said...

And what, pray tell, will your new job entail?

And also hello.

 
At 15:15, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I'm going to be the Executive Admin for the SVP of Human Resources at a publishing company.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

However, I get some of the prestige without all of the responsibility. :)

 
At 15:34, Blogger SlushTurtle said...

I hope they know that you will need to blog FROM work....

 
At 22:20, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

That was included in my counter offer...ha!

 
At 22:38, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Guilt-schmilt. Just repeat to others (and yourself) my favorite line from Stephen H. Glenn's great child-rearing course, "Developing Capable People in a Self-Indulgent World," -- "Don't should on me, and I won't should on you."

Go for it, girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home