Monday, August 22, 2005

An Offer I Can Refuse

Well, the job people called. They were very frank with me, and that is good.
I was offered the temporary full time position with potential to be hired on as a permanent employee. They offered me less than my asking wage. However, being that I was very candid with them in the interview--having kids and all--they already know where my priorities are.

I have to give them an answer tomorrow morning.

On the up side, being that it is temporary, I could go into it with the mindset that my paychecks are for savings only. Then at least for the next [up to] 6 months...we could build a nest egg--and Kimi could go to 'preschool'.

I'm trying to see the positive, and ignore the negative. One thing is for sure, whether I am working or not working, the laundry NEVER gets done.

9 Comments:

At 15:53, Blogger dangermama said...

as a mother, I know how you feel... good luck

*new reader from the "next blog" button, hope you dont mind

 
At 16:41, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I love new readers!! :) Good to meet you!

 
At 18:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, congrats! That's cool that you got offered the position.

Second, after I had done so, my boss told me that you never lose anything by counter-offering. If they say no to the counter-offer, you can still accept the original. I guess the exception would be if they were very clear that they were non-negotiable.

Either way, I hope it all goes well!

 
At 20:58, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Nest eggs are good, comfy place - that's why I'm getting my Masters, so I can teach college and then have some TRAVELIN' money, baby!

And I'm sure I will experience the same angst - can I write you about in about two years? :)

 
At 21:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a prayers catholic blog. It pretty much covers prayers catholic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 21:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a nicely designed blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark and check back often!

I have a electric motor scooter site. It pretty much covers electric motor scooter related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.
Also, if you're interested in a shared/reciprocal link, feel free to click on the icon. It's pretty much an automated process. Take care!

 
At 22:00, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Nathan: Yes, I have decided to counter-offer...just to see if they have a cap.

Africa: Yes, you certainly can write to me in a few years...I wish I could wait that long as my youngest is only 3.

 
At 22:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A job well done! inspiring blog
If you a health issue, I'm sure you'd be interested in autoimmune disease
We can stop any autoimmune disease

 
At 22:08, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I'm being super spammed, lets see how many come through...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home