Monday, March 21, 2005

Superman!


Superman

Caleb starts his new job today!!

Both of us are excited and nervous. Hopeful that all goes well.
While, it isn't his dream job, it is a good job for our family. I feel that it is the job that God wants him to have right now.

My unemployment benefits will end right when Caleb will be receiving his first paycheck...so now it seems the roles are reversed and HE will be taking care of ME. I have not been dependent on anyone except myself in a very long time, giving over that control is a very humbling--and scary.

On the other hand, I also feel a bit of relief [and wonder]...because I feel that our lives are getting back on track according to Gods plan. Of course, sometimes I really wish that God would let us in on the finer details of what He has got going for us...but that isn't the way it works.

What I DO know is that God has blessed us with some really incredible friends. And with their help we have survived another winter.

I also know that God has given Caleb the ability to make me feel as though I am not any less of a person because I will be at home instead of in the office [at least for a little while]. He has told me that this new job is OUR job and that he needs my support in doing it. [!!]

So, it is time to give Caleb the mantle of breadwinner, he certainly has worked hard, and endured a lot for it.

I know that I am not the easiest person to get along with. But he does...and if anyone can thwart off my super villain powers of "razor tongue" and "ice stare" and then come back for more...they must be Superman.

2 Comments:

At 16:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caleb totally looks like Superman. He's so buff!

Erin

 
At 00:03, Blogger Brandon said...

i would love to give up the breadwinner post and do nothing but blog all day long. then again, staying at home with two kids sounds a whole lot easier than it really is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home