Friday, March 18, 2005

Princess Cocoa Puffs

I could not get the two year old interested in eating food yesterday, because she isn’t feeling well. I also could not get her off the couch…not that I tried. She was pretty content to lie there all day long either me holding her reading or her sitting watching T.V.

Caleb and I made “breakfast for dinner” [the kids favorite] and I didn’t offer any, not wanting to disturb her rest.

Afterwards I was cleaning up a bit, I heard her little voice telling me she wanted dinner. She stood in the kitchen doorway with her big eyes staring at me. I was surprised that she actually got off the couch and came to the kitchen.

Relieved that she finally wanted to eat, I began by asking her if she wanted some noodles “no” soup? “no”, sandwich? “no”. All she said was “Dinner”... as though she couldn’t believe I was that dim.

I made the noodles anyway and presented them to her royal highness, to which she threw a royal fit… [I swear I heard her curse under her breath “stupid peasant”]… and then pointed her scepter towards the kitchen and emphatically demanded “DINNER”!

Then it finally occurred to me what could have lured the young princess away from her throne and jester [the couch and Sponge Bob] when she isn’t feeling well.

The chocolate muffins that Caleb the baker had just taken out of the oven…of course. She smelled chocolate. So her royal highness had a dinner consisting of chocolate muffins and milk and she was the envy of all the court.

2 Comments:

At 18:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love making breakfast for dinner. Pancakes or waffles, with bacon and scrambled eggs. My daughter loves it.

 
At 21:12, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Oh me too! Though I have to have hashbrowns with it...HAVE to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home