Monday, January 09, 2006

Mean Mom

I'm a mean mother. I'm serious.

My children's chore list is as follows:

Put the clean dishes away
Vacuum when asked
set the table before dinner
clear the table after dinner
Put the clean clothes away
Keep their rooms clean
Clean the bathrooms once a week
Scoop the cat box every day
Walk the dog once a day

My son, for the most part, has no problem with his portion of the chores. My daughter on the other hand...not happy with what has been delegated to her.

I wonder if she would rather have MY list of chores?

Probably not a good idea...the checkbook is already screwed up enough as it is.

5 Comments:

At 18:10, Blogger diggincookin said...

If you really want to torture them, have them make their own lunch for school. Just as my mom what fun this was to get us to do.

 
At 18:54, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Actually, Abby LIKES to make her own lunch. But for the most part they buy lunch every day as it is more cost effective than stocking the fridge with lunch foods for them. :) Keep the suggestions rolling!!

 
At 19:14, Blogger Kimba said...

Wow, and I thought I held the title of "Meanest Mom on the Planet"...who knew? I took my approach to chores from Kim...one chore for each year of life. They don't always get done as best they should, but so far, it works.

 
At 14:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty similar to what I did as a kid. I fully intend to use my kids for chores. My mom says that I used to make myself eggs in the micro at age 4. Verdict: Not a mean mom, a life lessons mom.

Erin M.

 
At 19:43, Blogger Burkulater said...

Take the path of least resistance. Nah...that's for wimps, not moms. Us mean moms produce pretty responsible kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home