Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Had I Been

I have been pondering motherhood, the responsibility of it, and the impact that parents [adults] have on children's lives.

Here are some of the lessons that I want my children to learn prior to being an adult...then maybe they will know how to keep themselves from harm.

1. God loves you no matter what.
2. I love you always.
3. Because of facts 2 and 3, you are priceless, so don't let anyone treat you less than this.
4. I will always be here for you.
5. Mistakes, many of them, are not only okay, but necessary.
6. Be kind to others, even if they aren't kind to you. At least then you can feel good about your contribution in the situation.
7. Have good hygiene. Too many people don't take care of themselves, and it shows.
8. If in doubt, ask questions.
9. Give hugs to those you love.
10. Don't be afraid to say "I love you".

I wonder if I had been shown how valuable I was to God, would I have been inclined to get involved in damaging relationships. Had I been taught my worth...would I have valued myself more?

Who knows...but what I DO know is that I want my own children to feel their worth every time they look in my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home