Thursday, July 28, 2005

Musings of a Pixel

Sometimes it is just nice to know that a friend is truly a friend, and not just a lurker in your life. I have this blog, to which many of the people I hold dear read. But I wonder if sometimes they forget that I would like to know about how they are doing as well. Nothing can take the place of hearing a good friends voice, seeing them smile at something you've said, or better yet-- giving [and receiving] a much needed hug.

I understand that everyone is busy. Probably 100% busier than I am. However, it is still nice to know that some friendships are comprised of more than neatly arranged pixels on a computer screen.

It makes me realize how eternally grateful I am for those who actually remember that friendship is a two way street. Give, take, time. Time well spent in my opinion. My story is much more interesting if it intermingles with theirs from time to time.

4 Comments:

At 09:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am guilty of being a lurker. I will make an effort to stay in touch better though.

Ginny

 
At 12:26, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Ginny, you are one of very few who this post does not refer to.

 
At 14:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I am, but I'll tell you one thing... Today is my birthday!

;)

It's fun reading your stuff and kinda keeping in touch that way (although I've never met you). I appreciate your writing and your perspective.

Something that helps a little bit is watching your traffic. Even if people don't comment, you know they're there.

God bless!

 
At 15:10, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Happy Birthday Nate!

I was actually referring to friends who live within driving distance whose only contact now a days is to read my blog and that's it. I'd like to know what is going on with them as well.

But thank you for the encouragement! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home