Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sometimes ya feel like a nut, sometimes ya don't....

If ever there was proof of my craziness, here it is. I have been agonizing over whether or not I should work, and whether or not I should start a daycare here with Kimi...

I have yet to come up with a concrete decision...and perhaps that is because I don't really want to do either full time.

I don't want to have a daycare here...this is where I live. I have already experienced what it is like to do full time daycare in my home...and believe me it isn't a picnic. No matter what I have to be here, during the day all day...no freedom at all. And since the work is in my home, there is no getting away from it.

So, my other option is to work outside the home...but then everything here goes to crap...and well, we can't have that. Besides, I am not at all thrilled about putting Kimi in daycare again if I can at all help it.

Then my third option is to not work [earn money] at all...

If you know me at all, then you know that this would drive me just as crazy as the first two options. I mean, I am getting my degree in Business Management...you do the math.

Anyway, I have recently stumbled upon a FOURTH option...[I know I know...I even amaze myself]

Fourth option is to work PART TIME...earn some money, and when school starts up...I can run a latch key in my home. That isn't really a daycare, but it allows for some extra money, and I get to work with kids, as well as be a "safe house" in my community...which is more what I want anyway.

As for Kimi...once she is potty trained, I can get her signed up for pre school...

I know God has it all worked out for me, I just need to be patient...and sometimes in my eyes "patience" translates to "dragging my feet"...

At any rate, I haven't had any motivation whatsoever to start the daycare thingy full force...mainly because it is going to take a considerable financial investment to start...especially if I go the full time route, for small children.

BUT

If I just keep it to latch key or kindergarteners...then I wouldn't be too very taxed...and if I wanted to watch smaller children Kimi's age, then I could just have a "play group" scenario. Or just take part timers.

I feel I can breathe again...because there are so MANY options now...

Well, it is funny because I intended to convert the "office space" into a daycare room...and I have been wanting to get moving on that for a while...

Well...I was in turmoil because I wanted to/needed to start the process...because it is a pretty big project. This morning I decided that I needed an "out". Meaning, what if I move all this stuff and I don't open up a daycare...then it came to me.

Caleb and I have been going rounds over how much "hobby" stuff he has...and no space to put it in. Books, re enactment stuff, painting stuff..etc etc. I can make the office into a hobby room/ play room for the kids. Then I could keep the toys out of my living room...[which if you know me at all, you know I am totally OCD about toys in the living room]. For goodness sakes we spend over $1000 a month so that the kids have a room to themselves...keep your toys in your rooms.

Anyway...I am really feeling much better about things right now as I am typing on the computer that has been moved to a "writing area" that I have designated for myself in the living room...right next to the fireplace, which opens up to a nice big window that looks upon a wonderful big tree. I love trees. There are even flowers [daisies my favorite] on the table. How charming and quaint.

The rest of the house looks as though Hurricane Charlie passed through...but I am going to play the mommy card and wait until Zac and Abi get home to help me with the rest.

2 Comments:

At 07:00, Blogger fin said...

What a brilliant idea... how wonderful to be able to have what you really wanted (a "safe house" environment) but at the same time be free to enjoy your own time as well.

I'll say a little prayer that all goes well - and that your hobby/play room works out!

 
At 21:29, Blogger Brandon said...

i very casually asked alex if she might be interested in starting a day care because i always seem to keep her pregnant.

her look was very clear and very direct. no means no. and sometimes, it means 'hell, no'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home