Tuesday, April 05, 2005

One of my favorite....

...memories is of cooking dinners for the single Air Force and Navy guys who were far away from home during the holidays...
[you know who you are]

It is probably one of the very reasons why I love to cook and host dinners. The positive comments on my home cooked meals [regardless of how good they actually were] prompted me to continue cooking, and improving on recipes.

I still like to cook for people, and considered to go to culinary arts school so that I could become better. But practicality takes first place, culinary arts school is a thing to pursue...later. Besides, my children and husband love my cooking. [nevermind the creamy chicken soup fiasco]

I won't let Caleb into the kitchen any longer when I cook dinner, but he is the master baker in our family. Sure I can bake a cake...from a mix. But when Caleb bakes a cake from the mix, it tastes home made. I don't know how he does it.

Her: My cake looks like a brick...and it isn't very spongy.

Him: Yep.

Her: Grrrrrr.

*************************

Her: What did you do to the pasta shells?

Him: I baked them just like the directions said.

Her: Why are they all dried and brown?

Him: I don't know.

Her: You forgot to put water in the dish.

Him: They taste fine...see? *crunch crunch*

Her: That's not the point, the point is that the integral part of cooking pasta is putting the pasta in water...

Him: Well fine don't eat then...*crunch crunch*

Her: Fine!

**************************

He has his kitchen strengths, I have mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home