Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Where to go and how to get there...

My husband is on the phone with his 80+ year old grandmother trying to explain how to use her digital cable box, and all of it's features, functions and etc, so that she can watch her programs in crystal clarity.

Mind you the remote control that goes with the box has 45 buttons. 45.
I hate that remote control.

However, I feel somewhat vindicated because he is experiencing what it is like trying to give him driving directions from wherever he got lost, to wherever he is suppose to be...[via the phone] without using words such as north, south, east, or west. Because he is directionally challenged.


All in good time...all in good time.

3 Comments:

At 00:16, Blogger m said...

Funny - he doesn't get directions - I don't get right and left. Logically I always know which is right and which is left, but if it's a split second thing, I totally freeze. You can't say "hang a left here," or I'll crash the car. Heh.

 
At 07:27, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

hehehe. Poor Caleb - I can sympathize. I can follow directions... if they are indicated by LAND MARKS. Don't tell me, "go east about a 1/4 mile then turn south for 100 yards, then back north for about a mile." I will stare blankly at the direction-giver, nodding my head like I understand, then when s/he is finished, I will say, "Um. Thnaks.... But what is it BY?"

HOWEVER, tell me that "you go past the Dairy Queen until you see that little brown house that looks like a brownie, then turn left there, then RIGHT AFTER that, you will see this traffic sign that looks like Pee-Wee Herman's profile - turn right there and keep going through two stoplights..."

THOSE directions, I get.

 
At 17:56, Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I dont' get right and left either, not on a split second, in that area I totally understand.

As for directions with landmarks...yeah, that would work if I was actually familiar with the area he was lost in, and if I weren't AT HOME when he was calling me for help....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home