Thursday, September 15, 2005

Artificially Enhanced

Sometimes I am prone to phases of pure superficiality.

I like to shop for clothes. And I dont' get to very often, so when I do, I kind of get all girly and go crazy. Yes, I get the "deer in the headlights" look when I enter my favorite stores, especially when I am allowed to buy some clothes.

*Note to everyone, don't go shopping with me. It's a nightmare.

I also enjoy spending time getting my hair done. And for goodness sake, I sell Mary Kay. So, yeah I like make-up.

Don't misunderstand; I enjoy camping, hiking, biking, white water rafting. None of which are for the faint of heart. You need to be rugged enough to endure the elements. I like baseball, hockey, and I like to wrestle and I play hard...I'm not a wimp.

However, my one true vice are pretty nails. Something that I can't achieve naturally...and I envy those who can grow perfectly sculpted and strong nails. Instead, I have short raggedy boy nails. That's okay, I don't mind. Especially when it comes to camping and the like.

But when I am in my professional attire, or dressed up nice, nothing throws off the polished look more than a set of raggedy nails.

Confession: I check peoples nails, especially when we first meet. How people treat their fingernails says a lot about a them. Trust me.

My nails? Always clean. Usually short. But today I got them artificially enhanced [her words not mine]. The nail tech, she filed each one to my specifications.

I know...it's cheating.

I don't care, they're pretty.

*insert girly giggle here*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home